May 4, 2013

There is a bunny coming

I didn't know what to expect when I made this blog live two days ago but I have been overwhelmed with support and encouragement.  I have learned that I am not alone in this journey.  That I have friends that have went through similar things.  It is truly heart warming and touching.  I can't thank you all enough plus a whopping 228 people have read this blog in just under two days!!

After feeling a bit stressed out this week I started doing something I haven't done in a while.  Running.  I have a love hate relationship with it.  I haven't been able to run in over a month due to an injury so I am starting off slow and getting back into it.  It is a place that forces my mind to shut out the world and just think about running and encouraging myself to continue when am I exhausted.  It is my private time with my dog and sometimes with a few friends that enjoy running as well.  There isn't much to talk about or much to consider except to catch your breath and realize you are not in prime shape.  I definitely bitch about running and getting out the door is so hard but once I am out it is relaxing and peaceful even if I feel like I am going to fall over and die.

In spite of what is going on in my baby making life there is something far more happier about to happen.  My best friend and her husband are going to be welcoming their first born in the world in the next week or so.  To say I am excited is an understatement.  They are 6 1/2 hours away but I am planning on being there to help welcome the baby into the world.  I was given an honour of being in the deliver room and I have no intentions of missing it for the world.  I might even smuggling in some whiskey for the daddy to be :)  So right now, I have a gas tank over 3/4 full, bag packed and am ready to start the drive as soon as I have word.  Originally, I was going to go a bit early but know I have to wait around for more of my testing before I can go.  I hope the baby is late by at least a couple of days.  Many people around me have a hard time understanding how I can be happy for their pregnancy when we have been trying so long and they got preggo right after their wedding.  The reality is two-fold: 1) I knew right away they would be trying to have a baby so I was waiting for it to happen.  In a way I had already dealt with and moved on with the fact before they were even married 2) It is my best friends, she's know about my journey the entire time and has done nothing short of standing by my side the entire time.  She's never hurt me or been disrespectful.  Plus I get to be an honourary auntie so BOOYAH!

We have other friends that have an 11 month old and when I go baby shopping my husband always asks, 'which one is it for now?'  I often wondering if I shop like this for my friends kids my husband might want to take me off all our accounts when I am pregnant or we will be broke.

I want to write about what to say and what not to say to a couple struggling to get pregnant but I am having trouble with my thoughts just a bit so that is coming down the pipe soon.







No comments:

Post a Comment