Aug 15, 2013

Kind of everywhere...

I realize I am jumping from here to there in this post but I have no solid foundation in what I wanted to write.  I am suppose to be looking up plants to put in our yard anyways.

"You do everything right and are still getting kicked in the butt" - that is a quote from my regular doctor.  See, I have been eating well, drinking water, exercising, all the right things.  My reward: hypothyroidism caused from a thyroid infection and low salt levels from drinking too much water.   The best part of hypothyroidism is you gain weight at a rapid level and don't have loads of energy.
For the last couple of weeks I have been on meds to heal the thyroid and in two weeks time I should learn if they are working and hopefully go back on Clomid.  I feel like I have more energy but the weight is slowly coming off.  This is a pet peeve of mine since the gain was a direct factor of the thyroid and now I have to lose it.  But enough of that junk...

We had the pleasure of a visit from my best friends little family this past weekend. It was a lot of fun even with a fussing little babe we had a great time and sharing lots of love with the tiny bundle of joy.  It was a blessing to have them under our roof. 
Yesterday, I had the opportunity to chase another friends child through Wal-Mart.  Laughing, giggling.  Hello, who wouldn't want to hang out with kids like this.  I have learned to really, truly, cherish moments with friends' kids.  Enjoy them for their laughter, crying and other funny weird stuff.  It is too much fun and crazy not to enjoy.

I think I have grasped the idea of not thinking about baby 100% of the time.  In fact, right now I would have to count out what month is nine months from now which for me is a huge.  For the last 26 months I could rattle that number off like it was my phone number *big pat on the back*  

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for enjoying the kiddos in your life. I do the same, though I know it's hard for others. I think focusing on other things in life is really the best way to handle infertility. I'm generally happier when my attention goes to those things that make me feel good. So glad you found our little group.

    Mandy (www.auntmimi2010.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so true. The journey totally sucks but it is nice to have others along with you.

      Delete